Businesses must register for this program online, and then may attend free digital adaptation workshops and trial the digital products on offer via the Business Victoria website. Available digital products include online website, e-commerce, finance and business management tools, listed below.
Applicants who continue to use any of the offered products can then apply for a purchase rebate of $1,200 to cover a year’s access to the product.
Digital Product Suppliers
The Victorian Government is currently partnering with six digital product suppliers for this program. These include:
• Mr Yum — food and beverage
• MYOB — business management
• Shopify — end-to-end retail
• Square — end-to-end retail
• Squarespace — website creation
• Xero — business management
New providers added in January 2021:
• Australian Good Food Guide — food and beverage
• Ecwid Inc. — end-to-end retail
• Intuit Australia (QuickBooks) — accounting
• Lawpath — legal services
• Reckon Limited — accounting
• ServiceM8 — trades job management
• Trade Trak — trades job management
• Victorian Automobile Chamber of Commerce (VACC) — automotive services
The Small Business Digital Adaptation Program is designed for sole trader, micro and small businesses. To be eligible for the program an applicant must:
• operate a business located in Victoria
• hold an Australian Business Number (ABN) and have held that ABN on 13 September 2019
• be registered for Goods and Services Tax (GST) on 13 September 2020.
How the program works
Businesses that participate in this program will progress through three key steps:
1. Register for the program to participate in product trials and workshops
2. Sign up for their preferred digital product available under this program
3. Apply for a purchase rebate of $1,200 to cover 12 months’ free access.
Download the Program Guidelines here.
Registration Deadline – 30 June 2021
Registrations for digital product trials and workshops will be open from 15 November 2020 to 30 June 2021.
Rebate Deadline – 30 June 2021
Applications for purchase rebates of $1,200 to cover 12 months’ access to available digital products will be open from 1 December 2020 to 30 June 2021.
You must register to be eligible for the program and access digital product suppliers.
You are welcome to assess your eligibility and apply yourself, but if you’d like we can look into registering for you. We are charging $100 +GST for this service.